Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FIRST Friday in KOREA!!! :)



Tia and I enjoying our 'service' at the bar!





The Dongtan girls at Daniel and Kevin's going away party!






Charlie reading Daniel Teacher his 'goodbye letter'...the kids were so sad to see Daniel and Kevin leave! I hope they're sad when I leave haha






Antonio and I! He's a silly boy!





Friday February 12th:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC <3 !!!!! Today was Kevin and Daniels last day of work. It was really sad because I know them from WSU and it was helpful to get advice from them. All of the kids were really sad too. I can’t believe they are leaving and we are JUST arriving, it’s crazy. They said their experience went by super fast and they absolutely loved it, which is nice to hear. All of the kids wrote them goodbye letters and then read it to them. They were so cute! One kid’s letter said, “When I grow up I want to be as strong as Daniel Teacher!” I wonder what they will say in my going away letter…? However, that’s a long way off, we’re here for 13months!!! I took over a girl named Sarah’s classes today because she had to go to the same LCI training that we went to yesterday. The classes went really good. I definitely like the older classes better though, the 6 year olds are so young and hardly speak English so they just kind of blankly stare at me so we end up playing musical chairs or duck duck goose! They are all really cute though! After work was over around 5pm we all walked home to get ready for our first Friday night in Korea! Kevin and Daniel invited us to a going away party at a bar called ‘Wa Bar’. Katelan and Chase were planning on joining us and I was so excited to finally get to see and hang out with them! Katelan was in my sorority at WSU and I knew Chase from WSU also. Troy picked me, Tia, Bri, Daniel and Kevin up at our apartments. Troy is Joanne’s husband and Joanne was our Korean recruiter and was the one who introduced us to Jade our school director-she was incredibly helpful in getting me to Korea! She just had a baby boy named Paxton and Troy showed us pictures of him in the car, he is such an angel! At the first bar Kevin and Daniel introduced us to some girls that also live by us named, Alia and Michelle. They are really cool and I enjoyed hanging out with them so I hope we all become good friends…the more friends the merrier right!? When we got there our server brought us ‘service’ which is basically free food. Our service was French fries with smiley faces in them, too funny! At the second bar we went to Katelan and Chase were there and it was a great little reunion with lots of pictures!!!! It was a great day and a great first night in Korea! I wonder what we’ll do tomorrow…!!

<3 KT Rose :)

1 comment: