Sunday, May 30, 2010

May Daze!


Seoul Tower: Reminded me of our Space Needle in the U.S.!




Seoul Tower: “Locks of Love’ where you supposedly write your name and the name of the one you love, a wish, or a love message on a lock put it on the fence and throw away the key!


"LOCKS OF LOVE" Seoul Tower 2010



Saw this lock and it reminded me of Tanya :)



Gondola ride! So beautiful!



Martial Arts show at Seoul Tower! coool


cutest thing ever! I willl be taking one home w/ me..just like ang and brad.



my little prince! i loved him so much i asked his parents if i could take a pic of him..he says " anh-nyuhng-hah-seh-yo" (hello) and then bows!!!!!!! Sooo cute!



View of Seoul from Seoul Tower! 2010


Tia-Bo-BIA overlooking Seoul and thinking some deep thoughts ;)


My very first night in a Hostel!!! I was terrified at 1st…I kept thinking of those scary movies. Once I got there the woman that owned the hostel was incredibly sweet. She had two puppies that Tia was obsessed with! I shared a room with Bri, Katelan and some Korean girls. It reminded me of the sleeping porch of AOII!



Beds in my hostel room! Not bad



Me with my morning class before the English Village field trip



Faith with his 'passport' to get into the English Village! haha too cute!!!


My morning class visiting the mock American fire station! THEY LOVED IT!



Sleepy heads after our long field trip to the English Village! This instantly reminded me of when my little brother was a baby and would be so adorable when he was sleeping and my mom would say something like, “such an angel when he’s asleep…but when he’s awake it’s another story!!!” ha ha. My kids were so peaceful on the way back to school and I was so in love, well…then they woke up! ;)



Katelans mama came to town! We went to dinner in honor of Tanya.


Cheers to Tanya! (or like they say it in Korean, 'Gun Bae' sounds like commbayy!)



Seoul Tower:

“Viewable from almost anywhere in Seoul, Seoul Tower serves as an excellent landmark. Built on a 262 meter peak in Namsan Park, the tower reaches to 480 meters above sea level. When the weather and pollution levels cooperate, visiting the observation tower (370 meters above sea level) allows you to view the entire city and surrounding areas. Because of the vistas, many people enjoy climbing up here for early morning exercise or for a romantic stroll after dark. “

We visited Seoul Tower, and the view was amazing! We walked up a hill to the base of the tower where there were venders, local artists and a martial arts show! My favorite thing to see was the “Locks of Love’ where you supposedly write your name and the name of the one you love, a wish, or a love message on a lock put it on the fence and throw away the key! I didn’t get the chance to write a message (because I didn’t know about it until I got there) but I will be writing one before I leave! We took a gondola ride to the bottom of the peak, and the outlook of Seoul was spectacular. However, the ride was a bit squishy, (I swear we were over capacity on the ride!) I had to push, shove and throw some elbows in order to get a window view...totally worth every second!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To my Tanya:

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

I'll hold you in my heart forever. I love you Tanya, and it's been a year too long since I've seen/talked to you last. You've touched so many peoples hearts and you are so loved and thought about everyday. You’ve always been such an amazing friend to me and I’ll be forever greatful for the 4 years we shared together. My memories will last forever, therefore you will always live on <3


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




We had a field trip today with our morning classes to the 'American English Village'. English villages are institutions which aim to create an environment for the local students to emerse themselves into the English culture. Each student was given their own ‘passport’ in order to enter the village. By entering the students were able to experience a short-term English environment where only English was (supposed) to be spoken. I learned that many families in Korea seek to improve their childs English speaking ability. English Villages are more cost effective (instead of sending them aborad) and were bulit to make the English experience more accessable. Many schools use this as a field trip opportunity.

When you walk into the village there are rooms set up to reinact different business’s such as a post office, bakery, fire station, hair salon etc. Our school was on a time crunch so we were only able to visit the mock fire station and ‘ymca’. The students loved it, especially the fire station where they were able to slide down the fire pole. Our guide was really expressive and energetic (his accent made me think he was from Jamaca!) my class loved him and it gave me a break from teaching for a few hours!

After school Brianna and I headed up to Seoul to meet with Katelan and her mom for dinner in honor of Tanya and her one year anniversary. We we went and got drinks (White Russians and a Tequilla sunrise) in her honor and we all shared memories of her. It was good to be able to be in such good company on such a sad day. Katelans mom rented a hotel room for us to stay in for the night.

<3Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment