Monday, June 21, 2010

DONGTAN: My city in South Korea

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”




(*click to enlarge!)
Have you tried looking for Dongtan on a map? Couldn’t find it right? It’s because its considered a new city. Right now it has the largest area of farmland of any city in Gyeonggi province. In 2007 Dongtan was chosen to be the destination for the future ‘Universal Studios South Korea Theme Park’ (maybe I’ll have to stay a few years to watch the city grow! Universal Theme Park, SIGN ME UP!) It’s so interesting being here in a developing city, before I know it our dirt roads will be more botiques and restaurants! The following photos I took of Dongtan! Enjoy my city:



Dongtan, South Korea: My home for a year



Our pathway to work every morning...about a 20min bike ride IF we catch the lights on time! ;-)


Welcome to our bike garage located in building ‘C’! WE GOT BIKES!!! So happy! Now we can have an extra 40min of sleep!



My bike! She’s a beauty, equipped with a basket, bell AND a mud flap, jealous!?



Theres always elderly men and women working the fields, rain or shine (uphill both ways ha that’s for my dad) They work so hard to maintain their crops and make a living! They end up having terrible posture we’ve seen so many elders with extreme huntch backs from bending over all day long year after year.



This is the school I work for, LCI (Language Club International) Academy. It’s a franchise specializing in teaching children the English language.


LCI: The Academy I work for

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it teaching at the LCI academy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haneul LCI Kid's Academy & LCI Kid's Club (Dongtan) I've been offered a place there. Could you E-mail me your thoughts on it.
    RyanEllisboyd@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete